03/07/2014

Makeup Revolution: Ultra Blush Palettes & Velvet Lip Lacquers


Blush Palettes in 'Hot Spice' and 'Sugar and Spice' // Velvet Lip Lacquers in 'Keep Lying For You' and 'You Took My Love'
Makeup Revolution has been taking the blogging community by storm recently. With their low prices, amazing colour pay off and extensive range of products, they seem to be the new favourite brand of bloggers and beauty fanatics alike. I've got a few of their products already and wanted to try some more, so I hot-footed it onto their website and ordered myself some goodies. I ordered the Ultra Blush Palette in both colours, 'Hot Spice' and 'Sugar and Spice', as well as two Velvet Lip Lacquers: 'Keep Lying For You' and 'You Took My Love'.

Swatches from 'Hot Spice' (top left to top right, bottom left to bottom right).
Swatches from 'Sugar and Spice' (from top left to top right, from bottom left to bottom right).

The 'Hot Spice' palette is full of orange and brown based colours, whereas the 'Sugar and Spice' palette is a mix of pinks, oranges and browns. They each have 8 shades in them. Most of the shades have a slight shimmer but there are a few matte ones, too. Two of them also look gorgeous used as highlighters. As you can see from my swatches, the colours are beautiful and can be worn both lightly or built up to create a bold look. 


Swatches of 'You Took My Love' and 'Keep Lying For You' Lip Lacquers.
The Velvet Lip Lacquers didn't disappoint, either. Look at the colour pay off! It's incredible. The consistency is a smooth, thick gloss that glides on beautifully and feels light on your lips. They dry matte and look so damn good. 'Keep Lying For You' is 100% my new favourite lip product for creating a vampy look. 

You can find all of these products and more on the Makeup Revolution website, here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!